Thursday, February 13, 2014

CD 12 & I don't know what to do...

Since my visit with my new doctor yesterday I've been struggling with what I want to do. I'll will be leaving for Maryland in less than two months for Peanuts surgery. We will be there for 3-4 months and the original plan was to do surgery after I get back. My new doctor thinks it would be best to go ahead with surgery before I leave, but I don't know what to do.

Surgery before we leave for MD
  • Our deductible will be broken up over two different months instead of coming out of our pocket all at once.
  • I won't have to worry about recovering while Peanut is in a fixator and still needs me more than usual.
  • If there is a blockage, I won't waste my sanity on two more pointless cycles.

  • I will be taking birth control when we leave, but I fear my endo could build up over the months we're gone.
  • I could be tossing away my best months to try while we're in Maryland and unable to TTC.
Surgery after after we leave for MD
  • We will get to TTC during the first few months which offer us the best chance of getting pregnant.
  • I won't have to take birth control and risk making my cycle wonky.
  • I will have to recover while Peanut is unable to get around as she usually does and while the hubby is away for work.

We're still waiting to find out how much we're going to have to pay for a laproscopy. I had hoped to hear back from them today. I do know that we'll have a flat fee of $200 that the insurance will not cover for checking my tubes. I'm not sure if we'll do the SA before or after MD, but I do know it's going to cost us $150.

I wish we had started pushing this insurance stuff long before now.

No comments:

Post a Comment