Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Still CD 3 & Lunch


So, to be truthful, not much has happened since breakfast, but my lunch looked so awesome I wanted to share :)

I fixed the pasta (not gluten free) about a week ago. The hubby hates leftovers so I've been measuring out a serving size and freezing it in baggies. I was actually able to have this for lunch for over a week. I'm down to one serving now though :(

Anyway, I cooked some white mushrooms in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Yum! I'm addicted.


I had the Italian Blend Dole salad with Maple Grove Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigerette. I realize that the Fat Free stuff isn't really good for you, but I don't like the idea of just tossing it and I'm the only one that eats it. Once it's gone I'll be buying regular. It is Gluten Free though :D


As I was fixing my plate I realized that I had decided to do so right in front of my daughters Halloween candy and her box of cookie packs. I'm proud to say I didn't even sample the smallest crumb! Can't say I didn't think about it though.

I don't normally leave snack foods sitting out on the counter like this, but for whatever reason this stuff doesn't bother me.

The picture below is upside down and I'm too lazy to fix it, but I wanted to show you my frozen pasta.


It actually freezes and thaws really well. It doesn't change the consistency of the noodles at all. In case you're curious, here is the recipe for the pasta...

2 zucchini chopped
2 squash chopped
1 medium red onion chopped
2 bell peppers chopped (I used whatever color I had)

I fried everything above in a little olive oil with salt, pepper, and a decent amount Italian seasoning. Once everything was soft I added a can of diced tomatoes. After boiling my noodles and draining them, I simply mixed it all together. It's so yummy and easy. Next time I'll be adding fresh spinach. I don't really measure anything so I'm not 100% on the spices.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy!! I should really portion out my food myself.

    ReplyDelete