Thursday, November 14, 2013

CD 4 & My Experimental Lunch



I had such good results with nearly eliminating dairy that I've decided to get rid of white pasta as well. I happen to have brown rice so I figured I'd try to throw together some meals with that before I go shopping for new stuff. Food can be expensive, especially the good, healthy, organic stuff, so I can't bring myself to just toss anything. Once it's gone I'll be buying better stuff all the time.


I tossed some shredded carrots, diced bell peppers, 2 red onions chopped, and a can of diced tomatoes into a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. It's pretty much the same way I do my vegetables for my noodle meals. This time, however, I just switched out the noodles for brown rice.


My original intentions were to add in some kale at the last minute, but I totally forgot. I'm glad I did though, because I just cooked it up in a little olive oil with a some garlic, salt, and pepper, and OMG it's so yummy! I don't think I would have liked it in the rice stuff though. I do think this is more than likely going to replace my greens. I'm even excited to try the kale chips I've seen online before.


The rice dish was okay, but not my favorite. It's not so bad that I need to toss it, but it seems like it needs something. I'm not sure what though? I'm not even going to bother trying to feed it to the hubby. I already know he'll hate it. He never has been a fan of rice.


And this is it. My lunch. Not nearly as pretty as yesterday's lunch, but it served its purpose well. I think this is actually a better endofriendly meal than the others I've posted. I'm still learning, but I think the only thing that isn't really that great for endo is the canned tomatoes. Maybe not though?


Since I'm not going to bother with feeding any of this to the hubby, I went ahead and divided it into one cup portions. I'm letting them cool down a bit and then they'll be heading to the freezer. I was able to get 8 servings out of this. It's not that awesome, but it'll feed me for 8 meals. I have no idea how well rice will freeze so I'll let you know on that.


Today is CD 4 and there's not a whole lot going on. I'm continuing with Vitex today, as I will until AF arrives. I've been super tired the last couple of days and I'm sure it's due to AF and hormones. Hoping my energy levels pick up a little soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment