Tuesday, December 3, 2013

11 DPO & New Recipe Experience



I forgot to take a picture of my plate before I started eating. Luckily, I remembered to before it was all gone. I did manage to try out those recipes that I talked about before, but I wasn't all that impressed.


This picture above was actually from my lunch today. I just threw together some red onion, white button mushrooms, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Nothing fancy, but so tasty.



This is the roasted carrots and garlic recipe I wanted to try. I didn't think to get an after picture. By the time the food was finish the family was starving. No one was interested in waiting to let me take pictures. They were okay, but not really my favorite. The carrots weren't too bad, but the garlic was pretty disgusting. However, I have to admit, I may or may not have over cooked it. I've never roasted garlic before so I'm not sure. It was nice and toasty, and gross.


This was the tomato and cucumber salad I wanted to try. This, was my favorite food from tonight. I accidentally got the wrong rice vinegar, but it still turned out well. It called for seasoned and I picked up original. Guess that's what I get for being lazy and not checking on my phone. I think everyone else really enjoyed this one as well. Everyone ate a hefty helping of it and there's nearly none left.

Those little yellow circle things on my plate are polenta in case you're unfamiliar. Tonight was the first time I've had it and I wasn't too impressed. I didn't really do anything with it though. I simply sliced it in rings and fried it in olive oil. I'm not ready to give up on it though. I plan to hunt for some polenta recipes and try again soon.

TTC News...

Well, as I predicted, Aunt Flow is making her way in. The spotting has continued and I don't like it. I plan to give Vitex one more month, but if I continue to spot I'm done. I think I may take it until ovulation and then stop this month. I only have two cycles left to try before I leave home for several months with our daughter. at this point, I'm not even sure why I'm bothering. I know it's not going to happen. I don't want to give up, but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to the months I'll be away. It may not happen this way, but in my mind I imagine I'll be free from this baby depression. Free from the pain. The disappointment.

Or, at least I hope I'll be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment