Saturday, December 7, 2013

Almost CD 1, Dinner & Grocery Shopping




I had a bit of a craving for pizza tonight, but I definitely did not want the pain that comes with the real stuff. So, I decided to get creative. I picked up some marked down stuffing mushrooms, the small ones, at the store today. I've had store bought pizza stuffed mushrooms before, but never made them. To make it even more complicated, mine has to be made without cheese and meat. The final product wasn't that pretty to look at, but it really wasn't that bad to eat. Next time I'll make sure to get bigger mushrooms, or more smaller ones.


Meatless Dairy-Free (almost) Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
diced yellow onion
diced ancient sweet pepper
diced roasted red pepper
diced black olives
spinach
stuffing mushrooms

**I pre-baked the mushrooms until the water came out of them. While waiting for those I sauteed everything else in olive oil. When all of the liquid was cooked out of the veggies I dumped in a jar of pizza sauce. I let it simmer to try to reduce some of the liquid. Once that finished I intended to fill the tops and bake it a bit, however, I went a little overboard on the veggies. I ended up putting them in a small round baking pan and just dumping the veggies on top. I sprinkled it with a little Parmesan cheese and a lot of Tabasco sauce.**




I also picked up Chia Seeds at the store today. When I first learned that people were eating these, I researched for about two days to see if they were the same that came with the Chia Pets. Part of me just did not want to accept that people at those same seeds. Turns out they do though. And I got me some. I saw that you can make jelly with different fruits or use it in smoothies. I'm going to try to make a strawberry jelly. I'll let you know how it turns out.



I also picked up some cold pressed Coconut Oil. It was on sale and I've been wanting to get some for a while. The main reason I wanted to get it was to try out as a toothpaste. A good friend of mine uses it and had nothing but good things to say about it. I'm all for switching to a more natural way of living. Since finding out about my endo I've been kind of worried about the chemicals and hormones that my daughter ingests on a daily basis. I don't want her to endure the same sort of pain I do. If I can give her healthier options and perhaps prevent or lessen her chances of getting endo, or other problems related to poor choices, I will.



I know sugar is not good for endo gals, and I'm not sure if this is any different. It was on sale and I've been wanting to try it as a replacement. If the family approves it could replace the common white sugar. Truthfully, we don't use a lot of sugar in the house, but oh well. If we do, we've got an alternative now. I need to do a little research to see if it's acceptable for endo.



I was so excited to see these on sale. They go so fast in our house it's not even funny. I bet these won't even make it until next weekend. Normally we pay almost $6 for them but I was able to get them for $3.99 each! Since they're easy to peel both the hubby and daughter love them. The hubby takes at least 5 to work with him every single day.

TTC News...

It's so close to being cd 1 and I cannot wait for this cycle to be over. I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about what my pain is going to be like this month. I had a little more dairy than I should have. I've already started having pain, but I took some ibuprofen and for now that seems to be keeping it at a manageable level. However, it's cd 1-2 that's the worst and usually leave me on the verge of throwing up or passing out. Normally when I start cramping the night before I end up in the tub at some point in the night. It's not safe, but that's the only way I can get any sleep when the pain is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment