Thursday, December 5, 2013

13 DPO & Yummy Yummy Veggie Chili



Tonight, I'm a happy, happy girl. In the days before I stopped eating meat, I often enjoyed a yummy bowl of spicy chili. Since I've jumped off the meat train, I haven't really thought much about it, until, today! I started fixing a crock-pot full of pinto beans, which I use for several different meals, and it made me think of chili. I don't know how I could have ever forgotten about this amazing dish!

Amber's Veggie Chili
1 chopped zucchini
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 chopped yellow onion
2 chopped red sweet peppers
1 can kidney beans
about 2 cups of pinto beans
about 2-3 tbsp of chili powder
about a tbsp of cumin

**Throw everything in a pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover with a lid.**

I never did get around to making another quiche today. I had some of the one I made yesterday with a salad for lunch today. It was just as good today as it was yesterday. I was kind of worried that the egg would become gross reheated. For breakfast, I ended up eating the leftover tomato and cucumber salad I made the other day along with a boiled egg. Not exactly "breakfasty" but it worked.

Today is 13 dpo and AF should be here in about two days. It sucks, but I was sorta expecting it to end this way. Ready for the witch to just get on with it so I can restart another cycle. All in all, I'm feeling okay today. I do think it's possible the chili might have a little to do with that. I shall never forget chili again. E.V.E.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment