Thursday, January 16, 2014

Catch Up & A Smoothie




This is from a few days ago, but I never got a chance to post it. The daughter's birthday was just a few days ago and things got pretty crazy as we tried to prepare, host, and clean up a party. It turned out great! We had a Minecraft pool party. It was her 10th birthday, no more single digits!, so the hubby and I really put some work into this one.

Anywho...

On the day of her birthday I always fix whatever she wants to eat for all of her meals. For breakfast she wanted a smoothie. I ended up making a banana, berry mix, spinach, coconut milk, and chia seed smoothie. At first I didn't make enough for myself, but after tasting it I had to make more. It was super yummy!


And while the daughter enjoyed a nice steaming plate of french toast drizzled in sugary syrup and scrambled eggs, I had a sensible bowl of chopped apple topped with cinnamon, honey, and almonds along with an avocado seasoned with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Yep. Sticking to my endo friendly foods. And I'm so close to being out of the 180s for it!

I wish that I could just take a peek inside my abdomen and see what my endo is doing. I'm still doing well at managing my pain. Still have yet to feel like I'm going to pass out or throw up. My hope of having an HSG in April isn't looking so hot anymore. We had to push back surgery for the daughter because she caught a cold within the 6 week period before surgery. It really sucks, but I guess I get another cycle to TTC before I have to leave.

Not sure if that's good or bad?


No comments:

Post a Comment