Thursday, January 16, 2014

CD 14 & Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti Dinner


Traveling the same old road, in a whole new way. 


I may not be able to get off this road of infertility, but that doesn't mean I can't change the way I travel down it. I've been trying to maintain an endo friendly diet for several months now with success. I gave Vitex a try, but I ended up not keeping up with it due to the excessive spotting it caused before AF. Now, I've decided to forgo all tracking on my BBT chart.

I can't remember that last cycle I've had where I didn't stress during the entire two week wait about how imperfect my BD attempts were. So, I decided not to track it. I won't be temping this month either. If I don't know exactly what days we've BD, and exactly when I O'd I can't stress over it. Right? Makes sense to me. I've been doing my best to not even look at my chart to see what day I'm on for the past several days. I knew if I did I would just memorize what days we BD and guesstimate my O date. This would only lead to me stressing about the exact same thing I'm trying not to stress about.

It's crazy, I know, but so far it seems to be working. I'm on cd 14 and I've not worried over my BD schedule once.


I found a loaf of garlic bread from the bakery marked down at the store the other day. I wanted to fix it for the family before it went bad. For the hubby and daughter I made regular pasta noodled spaghetti with garlic bread and a baked potato. For myself I made yummy yummy zucchini noodles with veggie pasta sauce and a baked potato. I ended up having to slice up another zucchini for seconds. It was amazing! And it was so simple...


Zucchini Spaghetti
Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
Diced Onion
Diced Bell Peppers
Grape Tomatoes
1-2 Zucchini

**I used my spiral slicer to cut the zucchini into noodle form. I put it on a pan and broiled it until the small pieces began to brown. This gets out a lot of the water so it doesn't make your meal a soppy mess. For the veggie sauce I just cooked grape tomatoes, diced bell peppers, and onion in olive oil. I seasoned it with salt and pepper. Once the veggies were tender I poured on the sauce. I did add crushed red pepper to mine once I had it plated up.


The sister-in-law brought me this awesome drink jug for my birthday. I fill it up with water and try to drink at least half of it a day.I like to juice lemons, and sometimes limes, and add that to it. It's a lot of water, but I've been making it so far.

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised I'm sticking with this healthy eating as well as I am. I told some friends the other day, even if I don't get pregnant as a result of my health changes, at least I'll be healthier. I've not been happy with my body since becoming pregnant over 10 years ago, and now I feel like I can change that, for good.

Of course, I'm hoping my efforts result in #2. Sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment