Friday, January 24, 2014

Down 35 Pounds



I think there's a part of me that is so used to failing that I never truly expected myself to succeed with this when I start this blog. I looked back through my beginning posts and the first time I mentioned my weight I was at 199.5. Sadly, this is not my highest, which was 213-215. I hovered around 200 so long I just knew I'd never get away from it. 

This morning, however, I hit the 170s for the first time in so long. It feels so good to see a 7 as the second number. In all I've lost about 35 pounds. I only have about 55 to go. The greatest part is I no longer look at my remaining weight as impossible. That 55 pounds will go away. It's only a matter of time.

I know I can keep up these changes that I've made, and not just for the time I want to lose weight. I want and plan to make even more changes to be even healthier. I can do this. I can't wait to see what weight I can get to before summer. Would be awesome if I could reach my goal of 130.

Holy crap! I just realized I have 40 pounds to go!

It's really kind of weird being on the other side of the fence. I feel like a switch was flipped inside me somewhere. Suddenly I'm not struggling to keep away from junk food. I honestly don't even want or crave it anymore. Perhaps I've been invaded by the body snatchers and am now a pod person? That sure would explain this dramatic shift.


No comments:

Post a Comment